Welcome to Nails Galore!

Welcome to Nails Galore!

Sunday, June 29, 2014

What is Shellac?

There is nothing more frustrating than painting your nails and then having them chip a couple of days later! What many people are using to prevent this is using gel polish or "shellac". What is this? Shellac is the brand name for a new, patent pending nail product created by Creative Nail Design. It is half  nail polish, half gel. It is thin and strong enough to be similarly to nail polish, and also has a beautiful shine. It is good to use for people who want to maintain natural nails. It also lasts longer than regular nail polish, with no chipping or flaking. 

Shellac cannot be done at home. It has to be applied by a professional, which means going to the salon and getting your nails done. In my opinion, it is definitely worth it! I have shellac on my nails right now. I got them done probably 2 weeks ago and the polish still looks perfect- which is does NOT happen when I use regular nail polish. The perks of shellac are worth the price you pay. While typical nail polish dries by evaporation, shellac dries with UV light, which allows it to be dry in minutes. By the time the manicure is over, your nails will be completely dry. It acts like a plasticized coating, which means long lasting. The UV rays will not be damaging to your nails either. 

How will this cost me? Usually around $35. This may be too much for some, but as I said- I believe that it is worth it! Here are some photos of women with shellac nails for a visual!






No comments:

Post a Comment